Arkansas' Advanced Placement (AP) programs offer high school students the chance to experience college-level coursework while taking regular classes. AP courses are designed to prepare students for higher education by challenging them with a more demanding academic curriculum. At Fort Smith Public Schools, AP courses cover four core areas: English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
In 2022-2023, 54% of FSPS students passed their AP exams with a 3 or higher.
If you are interested in learning more about the AP program, please contact the district administrator for the school your child attends:
- Chaffin Middle School Todd Marshell 479-452-2226
- Darby Middle School Emilee Moss 479-783-4159
- Kimmons Middle School Tammy Chase 479-785-2451
- Ramsey Middle School Jennifer Crawford 479-783-5115
- Northside High School Meghan Reinhart 479-783-1171
- Southside High School Jeff Mosby 479-646-7371
AP Program Director:
Krystle Smith, Ed.S.
Supervisor of Special Programs
479.784.8182, Ext. 73514