William O. Darby Middle School Youth Science Education Program
The Youth Science Enrichment Program (YSEP) is designed to provide students with early exposure to science and motivate young students to pursue careers in science, particularly careers in healthcare.
- Monthly topics presented by Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) medical students in Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Topics will be presented followed by an interactive demonstration or activity
- Healthy snacks will be provided after each session
- Introduce students to positive role models in the science fields through mentorship
- Make learning a more enjoyable and interactive experience
- YSEP Certificate provided at the conclusion of the program
- Sessions will be once a month for 1 hour, dates TBD
- Journey to College and Medical school
- Explore the human body! Sessions will cover organ systems: cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, musculoskeletal, and neurological systems
JOIN THE YSEP GOOGLE CLASSROOM!!!
The code is 0tqvnsg. (That's a zero.)
You will find the meeting dates and times in the classroom, as well as other information.
YSEP meets in Mrs. Horton's classroom (362) beginning at 3:30 on the scheduled meeting dates.