Albert Pike original one-room log cabin

Albert Pike School House
  • On October 12, 2020, the FSPS School Board voted to change the school's name from Pike Elementary to Park Elementary.

    The current Park Elementary School was built in 1952. The latest renovation and addition was completed in January of 2009. It added eight new classrooms, a new cafeteria, and new office facilities. In addition, the existing facilities were upgraded and all new heating and air conditioning units were installed. 

    The namesake of the school, Albert Pike, was a local educator. In 1833, Pike settled in western Arkansas and began teaching at the little one-room school that stands today. The structure is thought to have been built in around 1820 and is one of the oldest standing buildings in Arkansas. The original one room log cabin that Albert Pike taught in is currently on the grounds of the Crawford County Court House.

    Currently there are 14 classroom teachers, 1 self-contained teacher, 1 Pre-school teachers, 1 Media Specialist, 3 full-time interventionists, 1 half-time interventionists, 1 full-time counselor, 1 itinerant counselors, 1 full-time and 1 part-time inclusion teacher, and 2 administrators.  Specialty area teachers work with students in Physical Education, Music, Art, and Gifted & Talented Education.