Fort Smith Public Schools Board of Education
About the FSPS Board of Education
A seven-member Board of Education governs the Fort Smith Public School District. The board sets the district's direction, ensures that it is properly administered, establishes policy, and represents the educational interests of the community. Five board members are elected by zone, while two are elected in at-large positions. FSPS board members are expected to adhere to high ethical standards outlined in the state's School Board Code of Ethics. School board members must act in the best interests of students, parents, staff, and other community residents at all times. The board members must be aware of and follow all applicable laws, including avoiding nepotism and all conflicts of interest. Board members are required to file financial disclosure forms.
School Board Meetings
- School Board meetings are held on the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Service Center Auditorium, located in Building B of the Service Center complex, 3205 Jenny Lind Road, unless otherwise noted.
- The meetings are open to the public. Parents, grandparents, care providers of FSPS students, and Fort Smith and Barling residents are encouraged to become more familiar with the governance of the School District. For more information, please call 479-785-2501, ext. 91206.
- Meeting agendas are posted the Thursday prior to each meeting.
- Citizens wishing to address the Board should complete the Request to Speak form and submit it prior to the Regular School Board meeting. Paper copies of this form are available before each regular meeting.
In addition to the documents posted on this site, the District maintains the District's Board of Education records which date back to the late 19th Century. A citizen may make an appointment to review these documents by contacting the Superintendent's Office at 479-785-2501.
FSPS Board of Education
Zone IV, 2026 - Talicia Richardson: email@example.com
Zone V, 2027 - Dalton Person: firstname.lastname@example.org
At-Large, 2025 - Matt Blaylock: email@example.com
At-Large, 2025 - Davin Chitwood: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Board Zones
To determine your school board zone, please click on this link and enter your address in the search bar. Alternatively, you may access individual zone maps in PDF format below:
- Zone 1 Southwest Fort Smith
- Zone 2 West Central Fort Smith
- Zone 3 East Central Fort Smith
- Zone 4 North Fort Smith
- Zone 5 Southeast Fort Smith and Barling
- All Zones
- Questions about the maps? Please contact the Western Arkansas Planning and Development District.
School Board Election Information
- The school board election is held annually on the third Tuesday of May.
- The school board election for Fort Smith Public Schools was held on May 24, 2022.
- Candidate packets are available at the county clerk’s office for each election year.
- Also available is the 2024 Election Calendar which is posted on the Elections page of the Arkansas Secretary of State website.
- You may also contact the Sebastian County Clerk's Office for more information.
To view your precinct by your residential address, follow these steps: