Register a Student
To enroll a student at Chaffin, please follow the instructions below:
1. Gather the required documents before you begin:
- official birth certificate (NOT hospital birth certificate)
- social security card
- immunization record
- proof of residency - current water, electric, or gas bill showing name of guardian along with the service address field
- custody agreement (if applicable)
2. Click here to be transferred to the Fort Smith Public Schools district website where you will complete the online registration.
3. Fill out the following additional registration forms. These are fillable PDF forms. You must click on each form to download it to your device, fill it out, and save it. Once you have completed the forms you will return them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Authorized Pickup Persons - use this form to let us know who (other than a guardian or emergency contact) can check out your student
- Request for Records - this form grants us permission to request records from the previous school
4. You will receive an email with a link to ReadySign where you will complete the following forms:
- Home Language Usage Survey
- Employment Questionnaire
- Title VI ED 506 Indian Student Eligibility
5. Watch for another email from Chaffin. This email will either let you know we have everything we need to complete your registration or it will let you know what we still need to complete your registration.
We look forward to meeting you and your student.
Amy Ottman (last names A-K) email@example.com
Katie Mankins (last names L-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions you may contact the Chaffin Counseling Office at 479-452-2226 or email Debbie Green at email@example.com.