Our mission at Orr Elementary is to ignite learning in a fun, safe, respectful, and accepting environment in which all students thrive!
Orr Elementary is a premier school where all learners are empowered to thrive. Learning is personalized through a results driven, collaborative and reflective culture.
These are the commitments that we have made as a staff to accomplish our mission and vision.
- I will demonstrate a positive attitude.
- I will actively collaborate and share with members of my team.
- I will encourage my students, parents, and co-workers.
- I will consistently reflect on instructional practices and student learning.
- I will teach the agreed upon essential standards and learning targets, and I will assess them using our common formative assessments.
- I will make expectations and the reasons for those expectations clear.
- I will build meaningful relationships with students, parents, and co-workers.
- We believe that all kids can learn at high levels.
- We believe that students should be engaged in meaningful learning.
- We believe in clear and consistent procedures and expectations.
- We believe in ensuring a positive and safe learning environment.
- We believe in nurturing valuable relationships with all stakeholders.
- We believe in cultivating our thriving Professional Learning Community through collaboration.
Our Orr Elementary Instructional Model includes Marzano's research based instructional strategies, Capturing Kids Hearts strategies for relationship building, and Solution Tree's model of Professional Learning Communities for action based research to respond to student learning on a continuous cycle throughout the school year.