Fort Smith Public Schools is providing students the opportunity to participate in a digital conversion program where students are issued Chromebook devices for school and home use. This is an innovative approach where learners have access to a rich array of technological tools intended to enhance both teaching and learning.
Our purpose is building foundations in citizenship, creativity, communication, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Students will demonstrate digital citizenship by learning and following responsible behavior.
- Using technology allows students to learn at their full potential and prepares them for the real-world applications of their learning in college and the work place.
- Digital learning integrates technology into the curriculum any time, any place.
- Learning results from the dynamic interaction among students, educators, parents, and the extended community.
- Digital learning encourages students to solve problems and think critically by stimulating analytical thinking.
- Technology transforms the teacher from a director of learning to a facilitator of learning.