Fort Smith Public Schools
Pictured Left to Right
Officer Ray Whitson, Officer Brian Beaver, Officer Joe Love, Lt. Eric Huber, Chief Bill Hollenbeck
The Fort Smith Public Schools Police Department employs five, full time Certified Police Officers.
Our officers work with students to build positive relationships, and help to identify and stem problems
before they can escalate. Our School Resource Officers help to keep the lines of communication open between
students, families, administration and law enforcement. They have the authority to exercise the same
powers granted under authority of law, including but not limited to: the issuance of citations, as well as
the power to arrest. The Fort Smith Public School Police Officers have over 100 years of combined experience
in law enforcement.
The Fort Smith Public Schools are also proud to partner with the Fort Smith Police Department who also provides
four additional officers in our schools.
• FSPS Officer Brian Beaver is assigned to Belle Point and to the District’s elementary schools.
• FSPS Officer Joe Love is assigned to Ramsey Junior High School.
• FSPS Officer Ray Whitson is assigned to Chaffin Junior High School.
• FSPD Officer Tyler Lee is assigned to Southside High School.
• FSPD Officer Jeff Craghead is assigned to Darby Junior High School.
• FSPD Cpl. Trex Smith is assigned to Northside High School.
• FSPD Cpl. Travis Watkins is assigned to Kimmons Junior High School.
Ensuring the safety of its students and staff is a top priority of Fort Smith Public Schools. Parents can learn more about the steps FSPS takes to make schools safe by reading the District's School Safety Plan Brochure (select to download file).
Police Supervisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Sending an email does not guarantee immediate action. If you are reporting an emergency, or a potentially dangerous situation that may occur within the next few hours, please call 911 or other emergency response personnel for prompt attention.
Forms - Select below to download forms.