Students who have a grade of “A”, “B”, or “C” in a class and have three (3) absences or fewer in that class have the option of being exempt from the semester test in that class. Students who qualify for the exemption but elect to take the test in order to raise their grade may not have their semester grade lowered as a result of the optional test.
- Each teacher will keep records on a per class basis. The teacher will inform the students of their exemption status.
- Students will have been enrolled during the entire semester. Students transferring in during the semester cannot be exempt from tests that semester.
- Three (3) tardies in a class will equal one (1) day of absence.
- School business absences will not be counted.
- Absences for parental permission shall not be granted in conflict with semester examination schedules.
- During semester tests all procedures will be followed.