About Ballman Elementary School
- Ballman Elementary School was completed in 1950 and named for the Edward C. and Mary Louise Ballman family.
- Ballman was built at the height of Fort Chaffee's population to relieve the overcrowding at Peabody Elementary School.
- Ballman opened in January of 1951.
- Ballman Elementary is a School Wide Title 1 school.
- Ballman is a Blue Ribbon School.
- We currently have 15 classroom teachers, 2-1/2 Instructional Interventionist, 4 Instructional Facilitators, 1 Counselor, 1 Resource Teacher, 1 Self-Contained Classroom and 1 Administrator. Specialty area teachers work with our students in Physical Education, Music, Media, and Art on a weekly basis.
- This school is accredited by the North Central Association and the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Our school colors are royal blue and white, and we are the Ballman Bears.
- In 2017, Ballman was chosen to receive the Arkansas PLC (Professional Learning Community) Pilot Project Grant for the 2017-18 school year.
Times Record Newspaper Article featuring the grant from the August 6, 2017 edition