Name: Karen Williamson
Master Of Science In School Counseling K-12
National Board Certified Teacher In School Counseling
Ft Smith Public Schools Elemen. Counselor Coordinator
Hello Ballman Students and Parents!
What does a school counselor do?
As a school counselor, I provide the following services in order to help students be successful academically, personally and socially so they will be well prepared for their future life choices:
- Individual counseling sessions
- Small group counseling sessions
- Classroom counseling lessons
- Coordination of District and State testing
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and outside agencies
- Crisis and emergency response
- Coordination of referrals to outside community resources for families
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
How can a school counselor support students?
A school counselor aims to help each child reach his or her full potential in three domains:
- Social/emotional development
- Academic development
- Career development
What is the school counselor's focus?
As a school counselor, my goal is to create a meaningful educational experience for all students in a safe and supportive environment.
How can my child access school counseling services?
A school counselor works with all students in the building! Students can seek help from the counselor through teacher referrals, self-referrals, or parent referrals. Click here to complete a form referring your child for my services.
CLICK HERE to find Mental Health Resouces.