Name: Peyton Hall
Master Of Science In School Counseling K-12
A message from the counselor:
Hello! This will be my second year as a school counselor at Ballman. I live in Van Buren with my husband and we are expecting our daughter this July. We cannot wait! Together, we spend most of our time being active, watching movies and spending time with family.
Ballman is such an amazing community that I am so thankful to be a part of. I have a passion for helping students feel loved, understood and accepted, and I believe a student's basic needs need to be met in order to be successful in the classroom. I would love to support your student in any way I can, whether that be by meeting with your child, sending food home for your family, or by providing extra assistance with the help of our social worker. Because I will be on maternity leave the first few weeks of school, email is the best way to contact me. Please reach out if you ever need me!
What does a school counselor do?
As a school counselor, I provide the following services in order to help students be successful academically, personally and socially so they will be well prepared for their future life choices:
- Individual counseling sessions
- Small group counseling sessions
- Classroom counseling lessons
- Coordination of District and State testing
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and outside agencies
- Crisis and emergency response
- Coordination of referrals to outside community resources for families
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
How can a school counselor support students?
A school counselor aims to help each child reach his or her full potential in three domains:
- Social/emotional development
- Academic development
- Career development
What is the school counselor's focus?
As a school counselor, my goal is to create a meaningful educational experience for all students in a safe and supportive environment.
How can my child access school counseling services?
A school counselor works with all students in the building! Students can seek help from the counselor through teacher referrals, self-referrals, or parent referrals.